For beautiful quilting results, prepare your
quilt top & backing fabric with these few steps!
- First, Pin a note sheet with your Name and Phone Numberto your quilt!
- Trim threads, especially dark ones that may show through lighter fabrics.
- Check your quilt top for open and missed seams or stitching gaps.
- For design or pattern consistency use safety pin to mark your quilt top.
- Quilt top & backing should be well pressed to prevent pleats in quilting.
- Fold lengthwise and place on a hanger to prevent wrinkling.
- Backing fabric & batting should be 4"wider on all 4 sides than quilt top.
- I sell batting, but if you provide it, please ensure it's large enough.
- Trim all backing fabric edges straight.
- Remove salvages before stitching backing fabrics together.
- Stitch backing fabrics together with a double seam, then press to one side.
- Wait to add embellishments until after quilting has been completed.
- Quilt top, batting and backing should not be pinned or basted together.
* Please Do Not pin or baste together your quilt top, batting and backing.
I will charge $10.00 handling fee to remove any and all pins or stitching.